The Marketing Performance Analyst will possess a strong understanding of both digital and traditional analytics. Having a background rooted in digital space, the Marketing Performance Analyst will be responsible for deriving insight around the strategic impact of the data. The Analyst will be a self starter who possesses not only exceptional mathematics and data skills, but also the ability to translate those into actionable insights. The Analyst will be involved in all facets of the marketing program from conception (KPI development to reporting).
Because this role will analyze data from both digital and offline sources, an understanding of relational databases and tools (SQL) would be a valuable asset. Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools is also a very attractive skill.
The Analyst is required to work closely with the strategy, production and media teams to assist in media and creative campaign optimization. The Analyst will be expected to be the ‘go to’ expert in campaign performance, the analytical resource for all internal and external parties and provide a proactive voice for relevant opportunities. We’re looking for a person who will be able to look at the data and recommend go-forward strategies for marketing campaigns, not just crunch numbers.
Analysis and evaluation of results and performance must include understanding of the client and their objective, the marketplace and key influences, media strategy and planning, and other advertising/promotion efforts’ effect on results and elements for the creative executions themselves.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting in creation of analytics Briefs and Tracking Requirements documents
• Communicating with strategy, production, media and, at times, third part rich media vendors to ensure that the required data points can be aggregated
• QA’ing ads in testing and live environments to ensure ad units are accurately pulling data into the reporting console
• Collecting and maintaining data via internal or third party sources
• Analyzing data for key insights and recommendations
• Visualizing data for internal and external stakeholders
• Creating monthly and quarterly reports which include written and graphical representation of analysis
• Staying on top of digital marketing and analytics industry trends and best practices
• Must have expert level competency in Excel tools
• Must have the ability to develop best-in-class reports and analyses in power point
• Must have high competency in digital marketing and metrics
• Must be able to establish, enforce and report on key performance indicators for various clients
• Experience with Omniture, Webtrends, Google Analytics or Coremetrics
• Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server a plus
• Experience with dashboard visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
• Ability to define and develop testing strategies and methodologies
• Experience with testing tools/software
• Experience with statistical packages a plus (SAS, SPSS)
• 2-3 years in marketing or advertising, preferably digital
• Analytical rigor, strategic thinking and the ability to think creatively are required
• Bachelors degree –preferably in business, economics, mathematics or statistics
• Ability to create visual representations of results.
Ready to join the Luckie team and add your brain power to ours? email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Marketing Performance Analyst.